Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rick & Bubba's Big Honkin' Book of Grub



We all have them, the favorite Uncle, hilarious cousin, you know, the guy that always makes you laugh. I mean he could be talking about an everyday topic, the normal day-in-and-day-out usual stuff, and I find myself with tears running down my cheek, and belly laughing with the rest of the gang. This week, I have had the opportunity to review Rick & Bubba's Big Honkin' Book of Grub, published by Thomas Nelson. I didn't know what to expect, was it a recipe book(the cover of the book has an appetizing picture of burger and onion rings) or was it a book on food itself. As it turns out, this book reads like a running commentary on food, the kind of make-you-laugh, head-nodding, tears running down your cheek commentary. Of course, after learning that Rick Burgess and Bill "Bubba" Bussey are radio personalities, I would expect nothing less, after all they know their grub, and love to tell about it. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that enjoys to laugh, it is sure to find itself on many cottage coffee tables and in the hands of everyone in the family. This book was given to me for purpose of review from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their Booksneeze program. I would give this book 4 and 1/2 stars (I would have liked pictures with the recipes!)

No comments: