Sunday, May 16, 2010

Somewhere to Belong

I just finished Somewhere To Belong, by Judith Miller and it was a perfect read while I spent my Friday evening relaxing at camp. This is the first book of the daughters of Amana Series and I can not wait for more to become available. I was transported into the life of a devout Christian family that believes in cooperative living. After learning some of the ways of the cooperative, we are introduced to a family that moves in from the outside world and totally shakes up the well oiled lifestyle of the Amana people. There are many antics typical to young people in every community that draw you in and endear you to the two main characters. Both of these young women are finding their way and deciding which world they belong in, the story has many twists and turns as family secrets are revealed and the quest for truth leads to some unexpected events. I really liked this book and passed it on to my teen aged daughter. I would definitely expect to see this series on church library shelves, and I believe it will find its way into many hearts as well. I was given a copy of this book for purpose of review from Bethany House Publishers. I would give this book 5 stars....ladies, make yourselves a tea, cuddle up with a soft blanket and enjoy this story. I can guarantee you will want some fresh pastry and it may even inspire you to put a roast into the oven and have dinner on the table when your hubby comes home.

No comments: