Saturday, May 5, 2012

Book Review: The Messenger

The characters are polar opposites- a young woman of the Quaker faith, and a Colonial spy who also happens to be a pub owner.  The setting is intense..Philadelphia under British invasion and the prison.  The plot is thick with twists and turns and I found that I could not put the book down. 
How does she do it, Siri Mitchell...wow.   I love historical fiction especially when I am learning to love the time period that the book is set in.  Immediately drawn in to the book by its first person writing style, I loved hearing the story from each one of the main characters point of view. What a beautiful story of love and family loyalty.  If you only have one book to read this spring....this is it..!  You will not be disappointed.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".



No comments: