Monday, March 29, 2010

She makes my heart proud....

It was a wonderfully long day today. Schooling with the kids was fun..., like Mondays sometimes are. By mid afternoon we had found our groove, and made great strides with science as we made kleenex box guitars and studied sonic booms and vibrations. Math has been getting easier, as algebra has finally begun to make sense...for both of us (Mr. Rogers, my 9th grade math teacher would be amazed) and our beginning reader has made great strides as she is tackling the books and words with great speed and accuracy. The afternoon brought with it a sense of urgency as the minutes of the clock ticked faster than I could get my shopping trip planned. We decided to go to the states shopping and we left in a hurry to get to the border on time. We shopped...and shopped, and then shopped some more....my deals were amazing and we had so much fun with the friends that came to join us. Of course no shopping trip is complete without sampling the local cuisine, and the pizza sure did not disappoint! All that to say, as my weary body came home tonight, I opened the door....and was pleasantly surprised to find the house in complete order...company ready... the I will-just-put-the-tea-on order, the table was graced with flowers and the counters were spotlessly cleaned....the foyer was picked up with no coats or shoes amiss. And I knew. She worked extra hard. Instead of reading one of her long awaited books, she cleaned, and tidied...and did I forget to mention, take care of a few younger siblings too....? So yes, I am proud, not of what she did, but who she is...my brown haired one, tall, quiet and beautiful....you fill my heart with joy. Thank you!

1 comment:

Lori Depatie said...

She makes my heart proud and my eyes water ! So much like her mother. What a treasure....what a joy!!!