Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Verdict is in....Yummy!

Okay...after reading the post about Cinnamon Toast earlier this morning...I knew that I had to try it! And I must say that it is absolutely amazing...a cross between fresh baked cinnamon rolls (yes, I added sprinkled icing sugar) and good old-fashioned cinnamon toast. As I took it from the oven, I started to slice the toast (pizza cutter style) and remembered how my grandma would make me toast before bed, buttered with real butter, maybe even a cup of real maple syrup on the plate and always served in her special cutting style...6 pieces, not the typical 4 that us moms who are pressed for time use. So while cutting up the toast 'special' I had the incredible urge to get blond haired boy from his bed...whisper ask if he would like to join me for toast and I in turn received the biggest hug and smile from my little boy....special memories made and him now sleeping soundly and tummy full of yummy goodness....does it get any better than this?

No comments: