Saturday, September 4, 2010

Book Review: Flight to Heaven

We all have heard of people that have been in a horrible accident, and have felt themselves leave this present world and journey to heaven for a brief time and return changed. I never knew how to take these stories, are they caused by the medication that is helping to keep them stable, or could it be that they actually are getting a glimpse of heaven? While reading Flight to Heaven, the story of Capt. Dale Black, you hear the hesitant telling of his tragic accident and the time that he says he travelled to heaven. He describes heaven in an authentic heartfelt way, with descriptions of colours that gave me goosebumps. It seemed through the story that Capt. Dale Black told the story not from an exaggerated point of view but one of humble obedience. I enjoyed the story and would recommend the book for anyone that wonders if there is life after death and what heaven might look like. I would give this book 4 stars. This book was given to me by Bethany House Publishing Company for purpose of review. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review.

No comments: