Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dishwasher woes....

I have been without my dishwasher for 10 agonizing days.... and I have realized a few things about our home and family:


10) we make an absolute TON of dishes per day....


9) Sometimes the most beautiful place setting is not my favorite clear plates from Crate and Barrel...or my good china from our wedding...it is hands down...CHINET


8) I love the fact that my children help with the dishes....


7) Thank you fly lady...for teaching me about the Shiny Sink Principle


6) Cereal bowls can be the big red disposable cups....and I am okay with that!


5) I used the bar b Que...just so we did not have to scrub any more pots and pans...


4) I bake more because I have a dishwasher....


3) I bake less because my dishwasher is broken


2) I am spoiled...


1) pioneering would be hard work! I am glad I was born in this century...


as a side note: When talking to the kids about washing dishes by hand....I explained that I did not have a dishwasher my whole life...and that they were very blessed....my dear little one proudly told all of the others how, " yes, it was very different back in the seventies...right mom....you even had to take a horse and buggy to the store..."

I just smiled....and did more dishes!

No comments: