Friday, June 24, 2011

A Heart Most Worthy: Book Review

Siri Mitchell has done it again, she has crafted a beautiful historical romance this time set in the 1920's. I loved the novel She Walks In Beauty also by Mrs. Mitchell and was wondering if I would be disappointed because of my high expectations for this book. I will tell you that I couldn't put it down and finished the book in two days whenever I could steal a chance to read. The story is told in a storytellers mode which I found very refreshing. The characters are many and varied and with each of the main characters came a strong plot. The time of the Italian Immigration brought great changes to the United States this book gives a glimpse into the lives of the immigrants and how they made a new life and home in the U.S. I would give this book 4 1/2 stars, great job! Thank you to Bethany House Publishers for giving me this book for purpose of review. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review...but I am pleased to be able to do so!

No comments: