Monday, December 12, 2011

HCG Recipe (guest post)

Hello everyone....I asked a bunch of the girls around here to send me some of the great things they have been cooking up while they have been on the HCG diet...and I am so pleased to be able to share some great ideas from one of the ladies...


I have been enjoying homemade apple sauce with splenda and cinnamon.
I have been vacuum sealing my chicken with parsley, pepper, chives, onions....
And some with ginger added, some with jalapeno peppers. Then I just take out one
pack and cook it with veggies, soya sauce (1 tbsp), a little balsamic vinegar (2
tsp), and some fat-free chicken broth ( they sell it in the stores) and more
pepper and a little salt. I will puree a couple cherry tomatoes to add as well.
It is so good that my daughter begs me for some every time. The veggies I use
are finely chopped cabbage, baby bok choy, asparagus, mushrooms, celery and
zucchini. I usually add two different types of veggies.
Also, egg whites are good poached (boiling water and vinegar) and a little
pepper and soya sauce (1/2 to 1 tsp).
Or, egg whites cooked in a little water and 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp of
soya sauce.
Also, been loving lemonade with lemon juice and splenda.
Also, steaming veggies in a little water and 1 tsp fat free chicken broth... And
usually a 1/2 teaspoon soya and/or balsalmic vinegar.
And I have also steamed cooked shrimp/crab with fresh dill and ginger, chives,
fresh garlic and pepper. And then dashed with lemon when cooked. Asparagus and
bok choy and cerini or baby portabellas go good with this.
There is also this bread alternative called "snackbread" and it is only 20
calories a slice. They taste like a thicker communion wafer. I take one or two
and use it as a scoop with my warm apple sauce. It tastes a apple strudel. But
beware they get soggy right away so they must be eaten right away after putting
moist things on them. I have also used them for a sandwich... A thin slice of
cucumber, some meat ( eggs or chicken) and some tomatoes with salt and pepper.


Can't wait to try all of these ideas!!! Thanks for sharing!

No comments: