Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Book Review: Scent of Lilacs by Ann H. Gabhart

I was so excited to receive Scent of Lilacs to review!  After having read Words Spoken True last fall, I was looking forward to sitting down and having a great weekend read.  I must say that it took me quite a while to really get into the book.  I found myself skimming the pages, looking for the next plot twist or story line.  I started to enjoy the book about three quarters through when the story line really started to develop and the characters finally became like family.  I really do not like to give negative reviews and when I searched through some other reviews I noticed that it seems women really love the book or struggle through it.  I also noticed that this book was originally published in 2005, and was re-released this year and I think that Ann's writing style has matured and deepened since the publishing of this book and I am looking forward to her new release this summer. 

I would give this book 2 stars.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group


No comments: