Saturday, April 13, 2013

Love in the Balance

Ever wish you could have a do-over day? One mistake...if only...you could just-do-it-over...
I certainly have.  As I read Regina Jennings new book  Love in the Balance,  I immediately could relate to Miss Lovelace, as she struggles with the choices she is making and the consequences that each choice ensues.  We join Molly as she struggles to build a life for herself which in the late 1800's means that she marries well.  The definition of well is the one thing that she struggles to reconcile the most.  According to her parents, marrying well involves a financially secure future and yet that might mean she must give up on the love of her youth.  If only she could have both...her decision on one fateful day determines the path for her future.  If only she could turn back the hands of time....
 
I read Sixty Acres and a Bride  last year and absolutely loved it!  The Texas setting, the depth of characters and the beautiful storytelling left me anticipating Mrs. Jennings next book...and she sure did not disappoint!  I would give 5 stars to this book! 
 
 I was given this copy for purpose of review from Bethany House Publishers, I am under no obligation to write a positive review.

No comments: