Monday, May 13, 2013

Mennonite Girls Can Cook: Celebrations

 
I love to cook...so when I had the chance to review this book I was so thrilled and could not wait for it to come!
 
I flipped through the pages, and decided to try baking some of the recipes right away, much to my families delight.  I started with the cheese stuffed bread sticks.  The dough was wonderful to work with and I was surprised how quickly they came together!  I also made up the Chili Cheese Dip which didn't last long around here, as everyone enjoyed it with nachos.  I am looking forward to trying so many of the recipes in this collection, and with the beautiful photos it just makes it so much more tempting to try them all!
 
I loved the inspiring life lessons that the ladies passed on to us through the story of each of their celebrations. 
 
I would give this cookbook 4 stars.
Book has been provided courtesy of MennoMedia and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Herald Press, a publishing imprint of MennoMedia

No comments: