Monday, July 1, 2013

Deadly Devotion

I am usually an Amish-reading-historical-romance-hope-the-girl-gets-the-guy kinda girl....but I must say that I am so happy that I toke a chance and read Deadly Devotion the new novel by Sandra Orchard.  When I had the chance to review this book, the cover looked a little too scary for my liking, but the description of the book drew me in, and I knew that I just had to read it! 

Kate Adams is a research Scientist that specializes in herbal medicine. When her best friend and mentor dies suddenly, and the local police deem it a suicide, Kate is bound and determined to get to the bottom of what really happened to Daisy Leacock.  The story is fast paced,  interweaving characters and possible motives like a ball of tangled up yarn.  Being a Canadian myself, I loved hearing about the fictional small Canadian town of Port Aster.  I couldn't put the book down, and found myself staying up late in the night to finally solve the mystery. 

What a great novel!  Loved it!  I would give this book 5 stars! Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments: