Saturday, September 7, 2013

Into the Whirlwind


Well my summer certainly felt like a whirlwind...juggling work, sports schedules, church activities and vacations seemed to make my head spin at times!  When I had the opportunity to review the book Into The Whirlwind by Elizabeth Camden the title was not the only thing that caught my attention, but rather the setting of the novel was what really drew me into the story.  Set in October of 1871, the book opens with the events of the Great Chicago Fire unfolding.  The story is one of hard work, ethical business practices and of course, romance.  I absolutely loved this book...and found myself staying up late to read just one more page.  After reading about the events of the fire, I find myself intrigued to learn more about this time in history.  I think I may just book a trip to check out the architecture, the museums and maybe fit in a little shopping in the great city of Chicago!
What a marvellous work Elizabeth Camden,  you should be proud of the accomplishment of writing such a fabulous book!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group


No comments: