Monday, March 8, 2010

The Map, The Way of All Great Men by David Murrow

Can I a mother of two young men, teach, equip and challenge them to be Great Men for Christ? Is there, could there be a map, a strategic plan laid out in the Scriptures, that would give me direction for along the way? These are some of the questions I had as I began to read the new release from author David Murrow. His first book, Why Men Hate Going to Church was a best seller and I had high expectations for this book also. The book opens to a mystery unfolding; murder, secret maps, exotic places and high drama begin to tell the purpose of The Map. My attention was piqued and I must say I was interested to see how Murrow could weave together the fiction with practical steps that would teach, The Way of All Great Men. Boy, did he deliver! David Murrow effectively lays out a practical plan for men, women, and churches alike, to train up and build men that will excel in leadership, men who will effectively lead and guide their families. If your man wants purpose in his walk with Christ, and wish it were as simple as reading a map, I would highly recommend this book to both challenge and guide him.
I am giving this book 4 stars, there was a slight drag in the transition from part One to Two, but it picked up quickly and gave a wealth of information.
I would like to thank Thomas Nelson for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book for purpose of review.
Happy Reading!

No comments: