Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Book Review: Anatomy Of The Soul: By Curt Thompson, M.D.

I have just finished reading the book, Anatomy Of The Soul, by Author Curt Thompson, M.D. I couldn't wait to get this book in the mail, and started reading it as soon as it came. This book had me intrigued, it was going to be dealing with the connections between the brain and our spiritual practices...and I was all ears. I started to read the book and unfortunately after the third chapter I had a very hard time keeping my mind in the book. I thought maybe I should wait for a few days and continue with my reading, to see if a change in schedules would help. I did find many good examples to help deepen my relationship with the Lord. The book teaches some good techniques to help with letting go of past experiences, and moving forward in your spiritual life. I believe that this book would be very helpful if you were wanting to look deeper into the inner workings of the brain. I found I had to push through the reading of this book, and although I found most of the material new and intriguing, I found the book more in depth medically speaking than I was expecting. I would give this book two stars. Tyndale Publishers has provided me with a free copy of this book for purpose of review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your review of Dr. Thompson's book! Sincerely, Sara L. Allen, publicist, saraallen01@hotmail.com