Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Same Kind of Different As Me

As I began reading the book: Same Kind of Different As Me, by Ron Hall and Denver Moore, I knew by the second chapter that this book was going to be good...not the 'interesting and its a nice story good' more like 'life changing good'. This book details the building of a friendship of two men who come from opposite ends of the social ladder. The book alternates authors and has a nice reading style that flows easily and gives each authors perspective of the events which I found particularly interesting. I was not able to make it through too many chapters before I brought the box of kleenex close by, I found the chapters that chronicled the life of Miss Debbie and her husband especially emotional and I must say if you are looking for a true love story, one that stands the test of time and trials, this is the book you are looking for. I would highly recommend Same Kind of Diffferent As Me, you will not be able to come away unchanged I know that I have walked away inspired! I was given a copy from Thomas Nelsons Book Review Program for purpose of review. I would give this book 5 stars. This book is the perfect weekend away read....enjoy!

No comments: