Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Book review: No More Christian Nice Girl

Okay, the title of the book intrigued me, especially the description of the book: when just being nice-instead of good-hurts you, your family, and your friends. Now that hit home.
No More Christian Nice Girl, published By Bethany House is written by Paul Coughlin and Jennifer D. Degler, PhD, tackles the hard issues; like how to be an authentic good christian women who is there to do and be the hands, heart, and feet of Jesus to those who are lonely, lost, and needy, and yet still maintain integrity and balance with her family and friends. The book gave great strategic examples detailing specific situations and how a Good Christian Woman (versus a christian nice girl) would respond. Being a wife and mother myself I appreciated the wake up call this book gave me, after all I would never want to have my family resent my time 'helping' others. The authors have taught the difference between helping and enabling and I found this particularly helpful for me. I would highly recommend this book and give it 5 stars. This book would make an excellent women's study and it comes with questions after each chapter that facilitates both group and personal reflection.
This book was given to me by Bethany House Publishers for purpose of review. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review.

No comments: