Thursday, January 19, 2012

Book Review: The Barber Who Wanted to Pray

There are a few children's storybooks that I consider worthy to be called a modern day classic...one that is sure to be on the bookshelf in the home of my grandchildren. I have found a new treasure to be added to this list. The Barber Who Wanted to Pray, by R.C. Sproul. This book is on prayer, and it teaches the children (and us adults) beautiful concepts on praying the Lord's Prayer, The Ten Commandments and the Apostles' Creed. I love beautiful illustrations in a children's book and T. Lively Fluharty masterfully created the most beautiful paintings. He captured the time period of Martin Luther (the barbers customer) beautifully. This book is more than a bedtime story, it is a beautiful way to aid you in teaching your children about complex truths of the Christian Faith, and heroes of the faith.

This book was given to me for purpose of review by Crossway Publishers. You can find out more information at http://crossway.org/blog. I would give this book 5 stars.

No comments: