Friday, March 2, 2012

Book Review: Behind the Veils of Yemen

I think it would be quite accurate to say that I love the thought of adventure. If God was ever to call me to the mission field I am sure I would love some of the things that an adventure like that could bring, the new cultures, beautiful scenery, lots of sights and sounds. And yet a calling like that would scare me because of these same things...the new cultures and traditions, the sights and sounds...the food! I imagine this is how Audra Grace Shelby felt as she heard the Lords calling to bring her family, Behind the Veils of Yemen. What an intriguing book that she has written...the raw emotion she expresses about her fears and concerns for her family...tugged at my heart as I read this amazing book on the faith that carried her through. If you are at all intrigued or drawn to learn more about the women behind these veils, I would encourage you to pick up a copy of this book and once you read it you will never pass by a Muslim woman who is veiled without thinking about the words of Audra Grace Shelby...I know I won't.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Baker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments: