Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Book Review: Blue Moon Bay

I usually am a historical fiction snob...I like to learn a little bit about the culture of the different time periods that the books are set in...I particularly like to read about the fashion, rules of society...and customs that transport me to a different time and place.  When asked to review Blue Moon Bay, I knew that this novel was set in present day and I was pleasantly surprised to find myself immersed in the culture of small town, Moses Lake.  Having grown up in a small town myself, I found myself identifying with the secondary characters and really enjoying the interplay between them.

Heather Hampton always felt out of place, and like the school 'freak'.  Her father was murdered and she  is haunted by the fact that she witnessed the horrible scene.  As soon as she was able she moved to the city and began her career and was feeling really settled in her big city life when her professional and personal life collide.  The sale of family real estate will further her career and her mother and brother seem set on hindering the progress of the deal.  Heather decides that she must return to the town she has spent most of her life trying to forget to convince her family to sell the property.  Once back in town, Heathers path collides with the handsome banker, Blain Underhill,  the high school football player she spent most of the past trying to forget.  The swirling waters of Moses lake brings change with the wind as a sense of mystery pervades over the last few chapters.  I must say the ending was very intriguing and much different than I would have guessed!

I would recommend this book, and give it 4 stars!  I was given this book for purpose of review from Bethany House Publishers.  I am under no obligation to give a positive review.

No comments: