Monday, April 15, 2013

Taylor's Gift


I do not think that I have ever cried so much while reading a book.  Taylor's Gift is a story of love. 

Todd and Tara Storch have written the most beautiful love story, well actually the most beautiful life story.  In the hours following their daughters tragic ski accident they choose the gift of life when they made the decision to choose organ donation.  Reading through the pages of the book, I was drawn into the emotional spiral that both Todd and Tara share.  As a mother, I have never read a book that described the pure devastation of losing a child as heart wrenching and real as this book did.  I found myself looking at organ donation as a gift...and when the Storch family shared that they were comforted that Taylor's heart had not missed a beat, it struck a chord in me...something that I had never thought about.  I would challenge you to read this book, it is not an easy weekend read...it will make you cry...but the life lessons I have learned will stay with me forever. 

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: