Friday, March 11, 2011

My First Polyvore!!!

Foyer

Today I made my first polyvore! I am so excited...it is so amazing...I followed the link from my post HERE...and then I created my account and voila!!! Now my hubby doesn't seem to get why I wanted to create this....it must be a woman thing. The best explanation of polyvore that I have heard so far is....it is like a grown up version of playing barbies....you see it wasn't about the barbies..it was about dressing up the barbie...arranging the furniture...placing all the food on the plates...setting an atmosphere. And that is what you get to do with polyvore, you can take different elements and see what they add or take away from the room...it is setting the scene, but in your very own house...so today this is what I did....

I was wanting to make my front porch more inviting as my last post mentioned...but since we woke up to a snow day today....(hence why I can play around and make this polyvore this morning...instead of doing school)

I thought I should make my foyer more inviting...so here is my thought process....

I already have the table, rug (similar pattern) mirror and terrarium...(mine is in need of repair...maybe I can post my before and after shots....)We have to repaint....wax from candle on the wall...and general wear and tear...

I think I can make the other greenery pretty cheap....using other materials around the house...and that is the same stone we have right now...it is travertine...so I thought if I added a few baskets under the table...it should complete the look....I have a few more items in the foyer...I will post them below because I can't seem to figure out the clipper part of polyvore....(any suggestions would be helpful:) and I think this will help pull in the black of the mirror.....

So...we will see how it goes....to be continued!










No comments: